Beo is a contest for newly composed songs for 11-18 year olds which aims to inspire new young Irish bands and encourage interest in music among transition year students and young people.
Can We Enter?
Applications are welcome from second level schools, Gaelscoileanna, youth clubs and organisations (Ógras, Spleodar, Foróige and many more), summer colleges, GAA clubs, Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann groups north and south, east and west on the basis that the age restrictions and the following conditions are adhered to:
- The entry must be a newly composed song in Irish.
- All competitors must be between 11-18 years of age on 31/10/19.
- There should be no more than 7 members in any band.
- An adult mentor is permitted to provide guidance and advice.
- Groups chosen to compete on the 31st October must be accompanied by an adult on the day.
- The song should be no longer than 5 mins.
- The group must be available to perform live at the final bout at Oireachtas na Samhna, if selected.
- The group must prepare a YouTube video to promote their entry (the video must not exceed 8 mins and must include song being performed)
- Provide evidence that you have tried to promote your entry using social media (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram and other social media platforms).
- A maximum 8 entries will be chosen for the final.
This competition is a group project and those entering should form groups and assign tasks such as the following:
- Prepare video
- Spread the word on social media
- Final bout live performance
Marks will be awarded in the following categories:
1. Song – 50%
2. Video – 30%
3. Publicity for the entry – 10%
4. Active participation of group members – 10%
Deadline and process:
- The deadline for registration of applications is 14 October 2019 at 5.00 p.m. Applications must be submitted by email (to include YouTube video of the song).
- Competition final: During Scléip na hÓige at Oireachtas na Samhna in the Citywest Hotel, Saggart, Co. Dublin on Thursday 31st October (Groups who qualify for the final will need to be available from lunch time for sound checks).
You can download the application form here; Foirm Iarratais Beo 2019 and it must be completed and sent to email@example.com before 14 October 2019 at 5.00 p.m
A copy of the lyrics of the song must be included with the application form.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that Foras na Gaeilge receives applications before the deadline.
Questions and further information:
Please contact Sinéad Nic Gearailt at 353-1-6398464 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.