Press Release: Lively #LeChéile campaign in full swing
The lively new #LeChéile (‘together’) campaign, conducted by FORAS NA GAEILGE, is now in full swing on social media. As part of this campaign exciting content is being provided to the public on line. #LeChéile aims to help every age group to use Irish at home and to provide them with entertaining and educational content.
Since it started on 6 April the highlights of #LeChéile include:
- Well known personalities took over Foras na Gaeilge platforms to share their advice, including Máire Treasa Ní Cheallaigh (working from home), Sadhbh Devlin (entertainment for children), Ógie Ó Céilleachair (writing), Caoimhe Ní Chathail (sustainable fashion), Julie Anne de Brún (Séideán Sí) and Jen Ní Ruiséil (yoga)
- Aedín Ó Tiarnaigh was the first of Irish speakers across the globe taking part when she took over Foras na Gaeilge’s Instagram to tell us about wild flowers live from the Netherlands
- In partnership with Téarma.ie a series of timely terms were shared (including social distancing, self isolation and loungewear)
- Participation in Poetry Day Ireland (#PoetryDayIRL) on the 30 April in partnership Poetry Ireland. Poets who shared their poems included Dairéna Ní Chinnéide, Joanne McCarthy, MacDara Ó Conaola and Eoghan Ó Loideáin. On behalf of Foras na Gaeilge, Chief Executive, Seán Ó Coinn, and the poet and Assistant Editor with An Gúm, Aifric Mac Aodha, shared poems on the day.
- Foras na Gaeilge staff shared photographs as well as their advice for wellbeing, including a mindfulness session with Yoga le Nuala, as part of National Workplace Wellbeing Day 2020, #workwell20, on the 1 May.
Foras na Gaeilge Programme Manager for Communications, Awareness and Marketing, Anna Davitt, said, “No matter what age you are or where you are located, the #LeChéile hashtag will be a central space for all of us who have Irish during the crisis. We will be sharing exciting content from day to day as a helping hand, including helpful terms to use in our daily conversations. Today we have added ten new GIFs to Instagram as part of our #LeChéile campaign so that people can give each other extra support as Gaeilge while many of us are apart. We hope that this and the #LeChéile campaign helps those with Irish and with an interest in learning the language feel a bit more connected at this time.”
Foras na Gaeilge Chief Executive, Seán Ó Coinn, said, “Innovation and the Irish language are integrated in this lively new campaign and the participation of the public to this point is very encouraging to me. By supporting each other #LeChéile (‘together’) we are stronger as a community and I am really looking forward to more partnership to strengthen our message in the coming weeks.”
#LeChéile highlights still to come include:
- Today 10 words in GIF form designed by DoodlesbyUm were launched as Irish language stickers for Instagram users
- A series of videos based on the renowned teaching programme Buntús Cainte from An Gúm
- A special YouTube series of What the Focal? in which Ciara Ní É discusses language matters with Kevin Scannell among other guests
Click HERE to view our video for use for broadcast, blogs and for your social media channels.
For further information, images or photographs contact:
Anna Davitt, Programme Manager: Communications, Marketing and Awareness, Foras na Gaeilge
Tel: 00353 87 673 6175 Email: email@example.com
If your organisation wishes to take part contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org