Updates from Foras na Gaeilge in relation to Coronavirus (Covid-19)
It is a priority for Foras na Gaeilge to ensure that appropriate steps have been taken to protect staff members and the public from Covid-19. Foras na Gaeilge is following the latest guidance from both jurisdictions on a continuous basis.
We are carrying out daily monitoring of the issue and the implications for Foras na Gaeilge business. Foras na Gaeilge will follow best practice and guidance from the health departments if new information arises.
Up to now Foras na Gaeilge has taken the following steps to tackle Covid-19.
- Youth Events Scheme 2020-21 deadline has been extended to Monday 27th April and Round 1 of Colmcille Grants Scheme 2020 has been extended to 20th April in order to reduce the number of visitors to our offices and to protect staff and the public. Further information on this scheme is available here
- Policy implemented regarding Foras na Gaeilge employees working remotely to reduce the number of workers in the place of work
- Utilising video conferencing equipment to organise meetings and limit face to face contact
- Limit physical contact in our offices
- Guidance on best practice as regards handwashing and alcohol gel shared prominently in Foras na Gaeilge offices
At present Foras na Gaeilge offices are closed. Staff have been enabled to work remotely and we are available as usual by email or phone. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call any of our offices on the numbers at the bottom of this page.
Any changes to Foras na Gaeilge's work and continuity arrangements will be announced here should they change in future.